Paris 1945 Branson DeCou

I am scared
Because I care
I am afraid
Of your acceptance
Your thoughts are in the hands
In that of which I can not control
Your mind is a mystery to me
And with those eyes like a maze
I can’t seem to control
Where exactly my mind travels,
No clue where it’s going
Yet not a word escapes my mouth
So many things I could say
Yet I’m still trying
to get through that maze
Still trying to solve that
Wondrous mystery of yours
Trying to find myself
In the midst of that smile
And that smile
That amazing smile
That beautiful smile that frightens me
I’m trying to find myself in it
Yet I don’t know how
Being an introvert,
I am scared
Because I care
Being an introvert,
I am afraid
Of your acceptance
Being an introvert,
It becomes difficult,
To fathom the concept and feeling
Of love
Because
Im still trying
To find myself in that smile
Im still trying
To get through that maze
With never-ending twists and turns
Still trying
To solve that wondrous mystery
Yet every time I come close
I fall short of one clue
And I’m back again
At square one
I’m still waiting
For the day
That I finally,
Get through that maze,
Solve that wondrous mystery,
That I find myself in that smile
Being an Introvert
I am scared and afraid
Of the constant probability
That I may never
Solve that mystery,
Get through that maze,
or find myself in that smile
Even though these factors
May scare or terrify me
Even though I have this petrifying feeling inside me
Due to the fact I may never accomplish these goals
That always slip away at the last second
I’m still betting
On that slight chance
That this may be
My never ending reality
That slight chance
That I just might,
Solve that mystery,
Or get through that maze,
Or find myself in that
Beautiful, divine, bewitching
Smile
Being with you is an adventure
A journey that has no destination
A mystery that can’t be solved.
And for the while
That we share our worlds
And travel throughout them
On this constant journey together
I wouldn’t mind
If I never
Solved that mystery,
Finally reached the end of that maze
Or found myself
Because it would be
An absolute blessing
To travel in your world
Just a bit longer.
—  Jean Barnett 

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés