les baigneurs

Georges Seurat🎨 “les baigneurs”.



I don’t speak a word, listening
down the Avenue of the Americas,
only listen and nod over iron grates,
on slats of moonlit park benches,
listening to how the longing makes
even the thought of prayer impossible,
how you entered the cathedral off 97th
and discovered you had lost
the cathedral inside yourself. I say
nothing as we carry on past theaters
now dark, and when finally we stop
outside your door, the you who isn’t you
will say nothing more, will wrap
your arms around the me who isn’t me,
press a cool ear against my ear,
and hear me tell you I love, and tell you
I love—what else, after all, is left
for the me who isn’t me to say?

Cameron A. Lawrence, from “Before Sunrise,” The Shallow Ends (15 March 2018)

No hablo ni una palabra, escuchando por la Avenida de las Américas, solo escucha y asiente en los listones de los bancos
del parque iluminados por la luna, escuchando cómo el anhelo hace incluso la idea de una oración imposible cómo entraste a la catedral en el 97º y descubriste que habías perdido la catedral dentro de ti . Yo digo nada que llevemos en teatros pasados ahora oscuro, y cuando finalmente nos detenemos fuera de tu puerta, el que no eres tú no dirá nada más, ajustará sus brazos alrededor del mundo que no soy yo, presionará una oreja fría contra mi oreja, y escuchará decirte que amo, y te cuento Me encanta, ¿qué otra cosa, después de todo, queda? para el que no soy yo para decir?


miTRADUC ES Pésima, pero el poema es bueno, bueno

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés